Great News!

So, I twittered a bit about my spot on a tv show. Well, the show was The Wannabes Starring Savvy! I had no idea who or what this was up until two weeks ago when i saw a post by Alan Baltes with a paying extra job. I hadn’t worked in over two months with the snowy winter season chasing the films away. I only had 2 auditions in that span. Anyways, I answered the call and took the job because I wasn’t going to let that opportunity slip past me.

So, I went and reacted to a stage play that was going on. Now i have a certain style of acting, focused on realism, but this actually challenged me. I had to act, as I told myself, more “cartoon” like. That just meant bigger reactions to things, like in theater ad Hannah Montana. Well, at the end of the day I took my voucher and went home.

Then, little bit of a week later, I got a phone call telling me that i got a role! I was surprised. I was not planning on anything like that. Anyways, it seemed simple at first, you know, you are just going to play a nerd. All I had to do was play a bit of basketball badly. No harm done. Then they just kept calling me to make sure i was coming for the week ahead.

I came in a couple of days later and find out that I got a character with a name! A full name. I never even had that since both of my theater roles only had first names. What happened my first day? Well, nothing really but getting direction from Alfonso Ribiero, otherwise known as Carlton from the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. It was really crazy. It was like hi do this and let me give you notes. No time to actually think about what was really happening.

Then there was a few days of insert shots.

And to cap it off a big finale on the stage. While it was not what I completely expected, it was still a notable and memorable experience. It is cool to work with someone who knows what they’re doing for a change!

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Audition Tracker

January - Michigan Lottery Commercial - CD - The i Group
February -

Auditions since January 1st - 1

Booking Ratio-
Call Back Ratio-

Booked through 2011 Auditions - 0
Booked through any other means - 1

Recent Comments